Studying at LABA Valencia allows you to finish your studies with a Bachelor of Arts with Honors, an official British university degree recognized worldwide, equivalent to 180 ECTS (360 UK Credits).
In addition, you will obtain
- your own LABA degree, which will allow you to increase your professional recognition, as it is awarded by a prestigious Institution, officially recognized as Higher Education in Art by the Italian Ministry of Education and Universities, and
- at the end of the second year, a Higher National Diploma (HND).
Bachelor of Arts (Hons) – University UK official title
At the end of your three-year study at LABA Valencia, you will obtain the British title Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Digital and Multimedia Design or Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Photography and Video awarded by prestigious universities in the UK.
All the Bachelor of Arts with Honors study degrees offered by LABA Valencia are homologated within the Bologna Plan, and therefore fully recognized in the 48 countries that make up the European Higher Education Area.
As it is an official degree from an English university, the Bachelor of Arts with Honors that you will get at LABA Valencia is also valid in many countries in Europe, Asia, Hispano America, Africa, Australia.
Being in possession of the Bachelor of Arts (Hons) title gives you the right to enrol in any university master’s degree.
Higher National Diploma (HND) upon completion of the second year.
LABA Valencia is an officially accredited Pearson centre. This allows you to obtain as well, at the end of the first two years of study, the Higher National Diploma in Digital Design and Multimedia or in Photography and Video.
The Higher National Diploma is an official qualification of the British Higher Education System. It is internationally recognized and equivalent to 120 ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) or 240 UK credits.
With a Higher National Diploma you can directly access the labour market, as it is equivalent to a higher degree of vocational training.
More than 300 universities around the world – among which many of the Top 100 of the international rankings – accept and validate the qualifications of the Higher National Diploma to access the last years of their degrees.
The official degrees offered by LABA Valencia
Why is a Bachelor of Arts (Hons) the best option?
- Because it has great international recognition in the EU, as well as in Asia, Hispano America, Africa, Canada, Australia, and the United States. Its accreditation is much easier and more immediate than other university degrees, as the United Kingdom has more agile and clear agreements with most countries.
- Because you are going to study in three years what you would do in four years at a Spanish university. In most European countries, and in the rest of the world, university degrees last 3 years. In Spain, the degrees last 4 years. This produces a competitive disadvantage for students at Spanish universities, who have to dedicate one more year to finish a degree, while the other EU students can enter the market a year before them. Furthermore, the validation of Spanish qualifications in other countries is often complicated.
Spain is adjusting to this reality and since 2017 there has been a legislative amendment that allows Spanish universities to create and offer 3-year Degrees (180 ECTS/360 UK credits), which will allow greater concordance and equivalence with degrees from other European countries.
- Because it is much more focused on the labour market, along with personal, artistic and cultural growth.
- Because holders of a Bachelor of Arts (Hons) earn, on average, more than double of holders of other European university degrees.
What are the advantages of having, additionally, a Higher National Diploma?
Direct access to the labour market.
- The HND is an official UK degree, giving direct access to the labour market. It is equivalent to a higher degree of vocational training.
- It is highly valued by companies around the world.
Flexibility to finish your university degree anywhere in the world
After completing the first two years of study and obtaining the HND, you will be able to access more than 300 universities around the world to finish your university degree. All these universities recognize the HND, equating it to the first two years of college.
Study one year in Spain and another year in a different country
HND’s inherent flexibility, together with the large number of educational institutions around the world that recognize and offer Pearson qualifications and programs, make this possible. And easy!
All the credits you obtain by studying a HND at an accredited Pearson centre will be recognized at any of the Pearson centres around the world.
LABA Valencia is in contact with all the Pearson accredited centres around the world and therefore accepts and validates the credits you have obtained.
This great network allows you to build your educational experience in the most international way.
You can do the first year in Valencia and the second in another country, or vice versa, if you have finished the first year, you can come to Valencia to complete your HND studies and, eventually, continue with those of Bachelor of Arts (Hons).