A week full of pure inspiration! The students of the International Master in Multimedia Creation for the Performing Arts and Live Shows received a series of inspirational classes at LABA Valencia, guided by outstanding artists and professionals of the cultural sector.
Víctor Palau & Ana Gea
On Monday the 6th of June we started with the first masterclass by Víctor Palau and Ana Gea.
They shared their experience as founders of Palaugea: consulting and content agency with more than 20 years of experience, one of the most influential design and communication labels in Spain. Their visit impressed us with the passion they have in their work method, and allowed us to learn about their many cutting-edge editorial and audiovisual projects, among them:
- Gràffica, initially conceived as a blog, grew with information and design until it became a magazine both in print and online format. In a decade, Gràffica has become a fundamental tool in the dissemination of visual culture and a reference for graphic designers throughout Latin America.
- Universe of Emotions, a pioneering project in which science and art merge into a didactic and informative infographic created jointly by Eduard Punset, Rafael Bisquerra and the PalauGea studio.
- Objetto, a website that contains the best of the history of design and offers a look at unforgettable spaces of products, architecture, interior design and exhibitions.
- Letras recuperadas, Graffica callada, The Cotec Report, the book Vivir del Diseño- Living out of Design, published in 2021, along with other creative proposals that were developed in different supports, channels, technologies and media.
- Their latest hit: ¡Mússica! With only a year of digital growth, it has more than 30,000 monthly readers. This brand new book magazine flourishes with contents about culture, trends, politics and ways of life around music.
On Wednesday 8th of June we had the pleasure of gathering with Pep Salazar, Director of OFFF, one of the most remarkable festivals of culture, design and art in Europe due its long history.
OFFF was born 20 years ago in Barcelona as a festival specialized in post-digital culture with the purpose of being a source of inspiration and a meeting point for creative minds from around the world. Today, it has become a reference event, promoting an international community that welcomes anyone who is eager to share their learning process. The OFFF has managed to export its model to different cities around the world (such as Tel Aviv, Sao Paulo, New York or Shanghai).
Pep Salazar´s masterclass immersed us into the world of digital art, new trends and big festivals. It led us to meet important international talents and trends in the digital world, as well as to deepen the value of new technologies in the design of places and experiences.
We closed the week with the masterclass of Alfonso Vilallonga, multi-instrumentalist musician, showman and composer of film soundtracks as well as theater plays. We had the pleasure of discovering diverse languages of music, its value and importance on stage, in film and in other fields of creation.
Alfonso Vilallonga has composed music and text for theater and musicals such as Turning point (Grec Festival, Barcelona, 1999), El mirlo metálico (with Ernesto Collado, 2001), Aloma (TNC, Dagoll Dagom, 2008) or La note de à côté (Griego Festival, 2016 and Teatre Lliure).
He also composed the soundtracks for films such as Cosas que nunca te dije (Isabel Coixet, 1996), Mi vida sin mí (Isabel Coixet, 2002), Princesas (Fernando León de Aranoa, 2005), Transsiberian (Brad Anderson, 2007) , Blancanieves (Pablo Berger, 2012, Goya and Gaudí awards for best soundtrack), Abracadabra (Pablo Berger, 2017), La librería (Isabel Coixet, 2017, Gaudí award 2018 for best soundtrack and nominated for two Goya awards as best BSO and best song for “Feeling lonely on a Sunday afternoon”).
Thank you Ana Gea, Víctor Palau, Pep Salazar y Alfonso Villalonga! We are grateful for your generosity and the pleasure of meeting you, learning from your experience in the art world, the design, music and culture!